My Blog List

Monday, September 10, 2007

Walk in truth and charity

3Jn:1:

1 ¶ The Ancient, to the dearly beloved Gaius, whom I love in truth.

2  Dearly beloved, concerning all things I make it my prayer that thou mayest proceed prosperously and fare well, as thy soul doth prosperously.

3 ¶ I was exceedingly glad when the brethren came and gave testimony to the truth in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth.

4  I have no greater grace than this, to hear that my children walk in truth.

5  Dearly beloved, thou dost faithfully whatever thou dost for the brethren: and that for strangers,

6  Who have given testimony to thy charity in the sight of the church. Whom thou shalt do well to bring forward on their way in a manner worthy of God:

7  Because, for his name they went out, taking nothing of the Gentiles.

8  We therefore ought to receive such: that we may be fellow helpers of the truth.

9 ¶ I had written perhaps to the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, doth not receive us.

10

11  Dearly beloved, follow not that which is evil: but that which is good. He that doth good is of God: he that doth evil hath not seen God.

12 ¶ To Demetrius, testimony is given by all, and by the truth itself: yea and we also give testimony. And thou knowest that our testimony is true.

13  I had many things to write unto thee: but I would not by ink and pen write to thee.

14  But I hope speedily to see thee: and we will speak mouth to mouth. Peace be to thee. Our friends salute thee. Salute the friends by name.

(DRV)

No comments: